The aim of Framlingham Sports Club is to supply and maintain both ground and facilities to sports men, women and children to enable them to play their chosen sport at a level to which they can achieve.
The Management Committee oversees the administration and maintenance of 16 acres of sports land including: 3 floodlit hard tennis courts; 7 football pitches (1 floodlit); 2 pavilions incorporating a range of dressing rooms with shower/toilet facilities; 2 archery ranges and 3 croquet lawns. The spacious, comfortable Clubhouse is available for hire and there is a large car park for parking.
Framlingham Sports Club relies on the hard work and commitment of all its volunteers who give their time and effort to run all organise all the sections, sit on the committee, help fund raise, and carry out all the maintenance of the grounds. Without them the club would not survive.
Every year the Club organises the Framlingham Gala, with all proceeds going to the Sports Club funds for maintenance and improvement of the grounds and facilities.
The spacious and comfortable main club house at the Sports Club is available for hire and can hold up to 200 people for a disco etc or 110 people seated for a dinner. Many fund raising events have been held, as well as weddings, christenings and parties.
For more details contact Fiona:
Phone 01728 723524
It is the fantastic work of the many volunteers which keeps the Sports Club running and without whom the club wound not survive. The many roles include sitting on the Committee, grass cutting and line marking, as well as ground maintenance.
If you would like to get involved please contact us
Large areas for running, archery, croquet and cycling to take place
3 full size pitches, 5 junior pitches and training pitch
3 floodlit all weather hard courts
Large clubhouse with toilets, changing rooms and showers
Framlingham Sports Club was first formed in 1947. The ground was purchased in 1949 for £1000. In 1951-54 6 acres either side of the entrance drive to the club was sold on for building at £100 per acre. The club were only allowed to develop 10 acres for sport and for 3 years had to farm the 6 acres growing barley and clover. They were pleased to sell off the 3 acres. In 1954 the first pavilion was built but with very small changing rooms, but the new kitchen was a great asset.
The hard working committee had built up a reserve mainly from Stan Baines football tote and in 1961 a new tote so a decision was made to lay 2 hard tennis courts at the cost of £1207. These were completed by Christmas by En-Tout-Cas, a firm from Peterborough - Later in 1977 the club added a third court.
In 1962 the football club wanted to move up the ladder to senior football. A big effort was made to get everything up to standard: the ground was drained and new dressing rooms with showers and toilets were created. In 1966 the football club turned senior. No grants were available and the sports club met the full cost of both projects.
In 1978 the croquet section was formed and in 1979 a bar was created in the pavilion. In 1983/84 the club purchased the old MIlls Grammar School grounds adjoining their property.
In 1987 a new large extension and bar area was made to the pavilion. The bulk of the work was done voluntary. This proved to be a great asset to the club and made a significant difference. to the overall running costs. The main club house could now hold up to 200 people for a disco etc or 110 people seated for a dinner. Many fund raising events have been held, as well as weddings, christenings and parties.
In 2003 it was decided that new dressing rooms and toilets had to be built to replace the old one built in 1965. A grant from the Football Foundation enabled this to take place and the £290,000 project was complete in 2005.
In 2013 the tennis club erected a new pavilion by their courts and the club house, kitchen and "Syds" Place kitchen had a complete make over.
Next project is a 60x40 foot 3G pitch at a cost of £400,000.